‘Tis the season for cookie baking, and one of my all-time favorite cookies is chocolate chip. I know, I know, it’s not very festive or fancy, but hear me out. Chocolate chip cookies have the ultimate base – buttery, brown sugary, dough that is stable enough to hold as many fistfuls of chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit etc. that you can get your hands on! When it comes to cookies, I’m all about the mix-ins!
Of course, my favorite addition to any chocolate chip cookie is nuts, so I always start with a scoop or two. From there, it’s all about adding chocolate and/or other ingredients that pair well with nuts. Here are a few of my favorite combos:
2. Slivered Almonds + Dark Chocolate +Dried Cranberries
4. Walnuts + Chopped Malted Milk Balls + Mini Marshmallows
5. Pine nuts + Dark Chocolate + Dried Sage (Even better if you brown the butter before using!)
7. Cashews + Butterscotch Chips + M&Ms
9. Chopped Pecans + Dark Chocolate + Shredded Coconut
What are your favorite ingredients to mix into Chocolate Chip cookies? PS – I always use this recipe as a base for my cookies, no matter what I mix in.