Wheat & Walnut Granola
Walnut Marketing Board
Eating a bowl of this crunchy cereal with low fat or soy milk is a great way to start your day. The walnuts provide essential fats and protein, both which help keep hunger at bay during a busy morning.
- No-stick cooking spray
- 7 cups bite-size shredded wheat cereal
- 2 cups chopped California Walnuts
- ½ teaspoon salt, if desired
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a large, shallow baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss together the shredded wheat and walnuts; set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, if desired. Pour over the dry ingredients and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring two or three times, until the mixture is lightly toasted. If it seems damp, it will crisp as it cools.
- Cool completely, then add the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.