Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 25 minutes
- 8 ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 cup Diamond of California® pecans
- 1/3 cup panko-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika plus a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water or 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders*
- Cooking spray, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (for easier clean-up).
2. Pulse pecans in a food processor until very finely ground, but not pasty. Transfer to a shallow dish or plate. Stir in panko, flour, salt and paprika.
3. Place beaten egg or buttermilk in a shallow dish or plate.
4. One at a time, dip chicken tenders in egg or buttermilk, draining off excess. Place chicken in nut mixture and spoon nuts over, pressing onto all sides. Place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken. For crispier crust, lightly spray chicken with cooking spray if desired.
5. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked to 165°F in center.
*If using boneless breasts, pound or press to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into strips about 2-inches wide.