Walnut Rosemary Biscuits
Walnut Marketing Board
Serve these biscuits warm with butter and lavender honey.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for rolling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, chilled and cubed
- ¾ cup half and half cream
- ½ cup toasted California walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In food processor bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Blend briefly. Add chilled butter and process until mealy texture. Add remaining ingredients and blend just until moist.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until dough forms a ball. Do not over-knead or biscuits will become tough!
- Roll dough out to from a rectangle, ¾ -inch thick. Cut rectangle into 12 pieces. (If making appetizer size biscuits, cut dough into 24 small rectangles.) Place biscuits 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with half and half cream.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm.