Turkey Walnut Mushroom Meatloaf
Walnut Marketing Board
This is a moist, lean meatloaf you can serve with baked potatoes and a salad. Use leftover meatloaf to make meatloaf sandwiches.
- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped mushrooms (button, crimini, shiitake or combination)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices firm bread, crumbled)
- ¾ cup finely chopped California Walnuts
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot (1 medium)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or ¾ teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup mango, peach or regular salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, use a spoon or your hands to combine all ingredients except salsa. Mix well until mixture holds together. Shape into a loaf about 8x5-inches and place in a 9x9 or 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Pour salsa on top and continue baking 10-15 minutes longer or until meatloaf releases some juices and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Rosemary Mark for the Walnut Marketing Board