Pear & Walnut Salad with Minted Apricot Nectar Dressing
Walnut Marketing Board
The sweetness of the pears in this salad is offset nicely by the heat in the dry mustard used in the dressing.
- 2 Tbsps Balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup apricot nectar
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Pinch dry hot mustard
- 2 Anjou, Comice, or Bartlett, medium size
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 12 cups mixed baby salad greens with Arugula, Butter lettuce, Endive, Radicchio
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together vinegar, apricot nectar, mint, salt and mustard.
- Core pears and cut in half lengthwise. Cut halves crosswise into thing slices. Add pears to dressing. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Spread walnuts on ungreased baking sheet. Toast in 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp. Set aside.
- Wash and dry salad greens. Tear into bite-size pieces and toss with pear and vinaigrette mixture. Divide among 6 salad plates.
- Top with chopped walnuts. Serves 6.