Marion Cunningham's Chicken Curry Walnut Fruit Salad
Walnut Marketing Board
"Some people think traditions need to be ornate and formal, like holiday dinners. I have a great group of good friends. We get together every six weeks and take turns making lunch. I've taken this salad several times because it's easy to make and transport. Everyone just loves it. The combination of fruit, walnuts, and curry gives an ordinary chicken salad a new twist."
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1-8 oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1-8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 ½ cups chopped California walnuts
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- To make the salad, put the chicken, coconut, pineapple, grapes and water chestnuts in a large bowl. Toss to mix well.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Just before serving, stir the dressing into the salad and blend evenly. Add the walnuts, mix again and serve.