Garlic Walnut Dip
Walnut Marketing Board
This unusual dip or sauce uses whole-wheat toast crumbs and walnuts for body. The flavor comes from favorite Mediterranean ingredients - garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. The dip can be used as a sauce for fish or spooned over slices of fresh mozarella and tomatoes. Serve it in a small bowl surrounded by red pepper and zucchini strips. Then, imagine you're in Greece!
- 3 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the toast in a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- With the motor running, add the walnuts and garlic and process until they are ground fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the motor running and process until smooth, adding more water if the mixture seems too thick.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
DrWeil.com, (c) 2006 Weil Lifestyle, LLC, used with permission