Frozen Banana Walnut Toffee Pie
Walnut Marketing Board
This decadent dessert is real crowd pleaser that combines bananas, toffee chips, walnuts and vanilla ice cream. Serve it at your next family celebration. Birthday pie, anyone?
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup California Walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 frozen prepared pie shell, baked
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 banana
- 12 California Walnut halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, quickly stir together ice cream, mashed bananas, California Walnuts and toffee bits until smooth. Spread evenly into baked pie crust and freeze immediately until solid, about 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- In a bowl, whip cream until it is light and fluffy.
- Cut banana into 12 slices.
- Spread whipped cream evenly over frozen pie.
- Top with walnut halves and banana slices.