Easy Walnut Garlic Crisps
Walnut Marketing Board
This is a great recipe to pair with a green salad and your favorite pasta dish, like Pumpkin Walnut Ravioli or Easy Walnut Fettuccine Alfredo. Kids can help make the garlic toasts while mom or dad makes the pasta.
- ½ cup chopped California walnuts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound loaf, cut into 12 slices)
- Heat oven to 450 F
- Place walnuts, Parmesan, olive oil or butter and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Slice bread into ¾-inch thick slices. Place bread slices on baking sheet.
- Spread about 2-3 teaspoons walnut-parmesan mixture on bread slices.
- Put in oven and bake about 5 minutes. Watch carefully, checking after the first 4 minutes. Remove from oven when walnut topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- For easy clean-up, bake toasts on aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate any leftover walnut-parmesan mix. Use for Walnut Pasta Toss (see recipe below).
- Walnut Pasta Toss: Cook favorite pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Two minutes before the pasta is done, add ½ cup frozen peas (or other favorite vegetable) for each serving. Drain. Stir 1-2 tablespoons of walnut-parmesan mix into hot pasta.
Rosemary Mark for the Walnut Marketing Board