Chunky Maple Walnut Spread
Walnut Marketing Board
This is a great spread for bagels, crackers or pita chips. It also makes a good dip for apple slices, celery sticks, strawberries or pineapple spears.
- 1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature for an hour
- ⅔ cup chopped California Walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries or California Raisins
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Put cream cheese in a medium bowl. Add walnuts, raisins, syrup and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until ingredients are mixed together.
- Spread on bagels, toast, or apple slices.
- TIP: To make as a softer dip for apple slices or strawberries, use twice as much maple syrup. To reduce fat and calorie content, use whipped lowfat cream cheese instead of a brick of lowfat cream cheese.
Rosemary Mark for the Walnut Marketing Board