Chili Walnut Egg Puff
Walnut Marketing Board
This light egg dish is great for a casual brunch. Because it uses egg substitute and light cheese, it contains very little cholesterol.
- 1 ¼ cups egg substitute
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped California walnuts, toasted if desired
- ¼ cup diced mild green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Coat 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg substitute into large bowl. Sift combined flour and baking powder over egg. Beat until completely blended. Beat in cottage and cheddar cheese, walnuts and chilies.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until puffy and set, and knife inserted slightly off-center comes out clean.
- Serves 4.