California Walnut Granola
Walnut Marketing Board
This crunchy, sweet granola makes a great topping for yogurt. Add dried blueberries to boost color and antioxidants.
4 cups quick cooking (not instant) rolled oats
2 cups natural wheat bran
1 ½ cups chopped California walnuts
½ cups liquid honey
2 tsps vanilla
1 ½ cups raisins (or dried cranberries, chopped dried apples, apricots or other mixed dried fruit)
Fresh fruit for garnish, as desired
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, bran and walnuts.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and vanilla; microwave on high for about 20 seconds or more until runny. Stir to mix; pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Spread granola evenly in a large shallow baking pan and bake in 300°F oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring two or three times.
- Cool completely; granola will crisp as it cools.
- Stir in raisins or other dried fruit; store in airtight container. Serves 8.