Apple Walnut Snack Cake
Walnut Marketing Board
Serves 48 cakes
The combination of apples, cinnamon and walnuts create a delicious muffin that contains no cholesterol or trans fat.
1 lb. 8 oz. vegetable oil
1 lb. 12 oz. granulated sugar
0.4 oz. vanilla extract
10 fl. oz. apple juice
3 lb. 4 oz. all-purpose flour
0.75 oz. baking soda
0.4 oz. cinnamon
0.2 oz. salt
1 lb. 12 oz. apples, finely chopped, skin on
1 lb. California walnuts
- Scale oil, sugar and vanilla. Extract into a mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated, about one minute on first speed or a 3-speed mixer.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Alternate adding the apple juice and flour mixture. Scale and mix for 3 minutes on second speed of a 3-speed mixer.
- Add the apples and walnuts, and mix for another minute on first speed.
- Deposit into greased muffin tins or greased mini bundt cake molds. Sprinkle each muffin or cake with ¼ oz. diced walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for appoximately 20 minutes.