Serves 24 amuse bouche servings
1. Lightly toast pecan halves, crush finely then mix it with panko bread crumbs
2. Season the breading mixture with paprika, cayenne, cilantro, salt, pepper and
3. Mix eggs and buttermilk, and beat lightly
4. Take each shrimp already peeled and devained, and complete the standard
breading procedure: roll shrimp in flour, than egg, than breading, make sure to
shake excess flour before dipping into egg mixture, also shake excess eggs before going into breading, than pad gently so each shrimp is perfectly breaded but not very heavy. Refrigerate breaded shrimp for at 1 hour before frying them.
5. At the time of service, deep fry shrimps in oil at 350 to 375 F, until golden and
crispy. When done, shake excess oil and season with salt. Serve warm.
For the Aioli:
1. Cut the tips of each whole garlic bulb, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and
pepper, wrap in aluminum foil and roast in a oven at 375 F, for about 35 to 40
2. When garlic is done, squeeze garlic out of its shell
3. In a mixing bowl add, mayonnaise, roasted garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt,
pepper, cayenne, and mix well, until nice and smooth
Take fried breaded shrimp and spoon a small amount of aioli over it and
garnish with a cilantro leaf.