Spiced Apple-Pecan Loaf with Pecan Praline Topping
- 25 mintues
- 16 ingredients
- 9 inch loaf or 3 5 1/2 inch loaves
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed Golden brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith Apples (about 2 large)
- 2/3 cups chopped Pecans, lightly toasted
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted butter
1. Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350ºF. Generously butter a 9 x5-inch loaf pan. Whisk the flour and the next 4 ingredients to blend in a medium bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the flour mixture. Add the apples, 2/3 cup pecans and raisins and stir until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, smooth the top. Bake until the top of the loaf is set, about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile: stir the pecans, brown sugar and melted butter to blend for topping. Remove the pan from the oven and spoon the topping carefully over the top of the loaf. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 25 minutes, longer.
4. Cool the loaf in the pan on a rack about 10 minutes. Carefully turn the loaf out and cool completely. (Bread can be baked 3 days ahead. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.)
For Mini Loaves:
Brush 3 5 23/32 x 3 15/16 x 1 7/8 inch aluminum loaf pans generously with butter. Divide batter among pan; smooth top. Bake until the top of the loaves is set, about 25 minutes. Carefully top the loaves with the pecan mixture, dividing evenly. Continue baking until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 20 minutes longer.