Rocky Road Truffle Pops
- 30 minutes
- 6 ingredients
- dozen pops
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted walnuts, divided
- 1 cup Mallow bits, divided
1. Bring the cream, brown sugar and salt to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat; add 3 cups chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Cool until warm; stir in 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup mallow bits. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Using a1-inch melon baller, scoop filling and roll between palms to form 24 balls. Place on parchment. Insert a lollipop stick into each truffle. Chill truffles at least 2 hours.
3. Line another sheet with waxed paper. Place 2 cups chocolate chips in a medium metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from over water. Cool until chocolate is just warm to touch.
4. Quickly dip 1 truffle into chocolate. Carefully lift out the truffle and tap the stick gently against side of bowl so excess coating drips off. Sprinkle the truffle pop with some of the remaining walnuts and mallow bits and transfer the, prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining truffles pops. Refrigerate until set. (Truffle pops can be made up to 1 week ahead. Cover and keep chilled.)