Chocolate Walnut Pie
- 15 minutes
- 9 ingredients
- 9 inch pie
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups toasted walnut pieces
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
1. Position rack in lower third of the oven and preheat to 375°F. Stir the butter and 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips in a heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool until warm.
2. Beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Whisk in the butter mixture. Stir in the walnut pieces and the remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
3. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Bake until filling is set and crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool. (Pie can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover loosely and keep at room temperature.)