Turtle Candy in a Jar
- 30 minutes
- 10 ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- Diamond of California® pecans (shelled or pieces)
- Caramel squares, unwrapped
- Chocolate bar, broken into approximately 1" pieces
- Printable gift tags
- Colored cardstock
- Glass jars (I used 16 oz. jars)
- Baker's twine or thin ribbon
- Hole punch
Step 1: Start by downloading the printable gift tags and print them on colored paper. I printed mine on kraft card stock, which gives it a rustic look. You can also use another light colored paper; mint green or even bright pink would be so cute! Cut out the tags and punch a hole in the upper left corner of each one.
Step 2: Place several pieces of chocolate in the bottom of the jar until it’s 1/3 of the way full.
Step 3: Add the unwrapped caramel squares to the jar until it’s 2/3 full.
Step 4: Top the remaining third with pecans. Add the lid.
Step 5: Wrap twine around the lid of the jar and add the gift tag and direction tag. Now your gift is ready to be gifted!
To make homemade turtles:
1. Arrange pecans in small piles on a parchment lined baking sheet or tray.
2. Place caramels and 1/8 cup heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until the caramel is melted. Add a spoonful of caramel on top of each pecan pile.
3. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted. Drizzle the chocolate on top of each pecan and caramel pile. Add a pinch of sea salt if you like and place candy in the fridge. Allow it to harden then enjoy!