Pumpkin Mousse Pie with Nut Crust
- 30 minutes
- 15 ingredients
- 9-inch pie, about 8 to 12 servings
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 cup Diamond of California® toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 rounded teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped Cream for serving
For the crust*: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Combine the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and stir until well blended. Press the mixture over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until almost just golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the pumpkin, cream, molasses, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Pour the filling into the crust and bake until the filling puffs slightly at the edge and is gently set in the center, about 40 minutes. Cool completely.
Pie can be baked ahead. Keep up to 6 hours at cool room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
To make the pie gluten-free, you can simply replace the 1 cup graham cracker crumbs with 1 cup of crushed gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (about 4 ounces of crackers).