Pumpkin Pecan Mummies
- 45 minutes
- 9 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, soften
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the canned pumpkin, cream cheese, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry until it’s a 12 by 12 square.
4. Use a ruler to cut the dough in 8 equal parts that are three inches across and six inches down.
5. Spread about 2 tbsp of the pumpkin mixture in the middle of each piece of dough, leaving a ¼ inch border around the edges.
6. Roll out the second piece of dough slightly, then cut it into ¼ inch wide strips. Cut the strips into 4 inch long pieces, then place them in a criss-cross pattern over the filling leaving some filling exposed. Press the edges down with a fork to seal in the filling.
7. Use a pastry brush to gently brush the egg onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
8. Place two candy eyes at the top of each pastry.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and puffy.