Pumpkin- Pecan Softies with Maple Icing
- 20 minutes
- 13 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease two heavy large baking sheets. Whisk the first 6 ingredients to blend in a medium bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until smooth and light. Beat in the eggs, then the pumpkin. Mix in the dry ingredients and 1 cup pecans. Drop the dough onto prepared baking sheets by rounded tablespoonfuls, spacing evenly. Bake until the cookies are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile: stir the powdered sugar and maple syrup to blend in a small bowl, adding additional maple syrup by teaspoonfuls if necessary until mixture is easily spreadable. Carefully spread the icing over a warm cookie and sprinkle with a few of the remaining pecans. Repeat until all the cookies are frosted; cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container and enjoy within 3 days.