Oatmeal Cake with Cinnamon Pecan Crumble
- 20 minutes
- 14 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Diamond pecan halves, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the cake:
Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease 8 x 8-inch pan.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in applesauce and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Transfer to prepared pan.
For the crumble:
In a mixing bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly.
Sprinkle mixture evenly over cake.
Bake 40 minutes or until the center is set. Cool 15 minutes before serving.