Crunchy Broccoli and Chickpea Salad
- 25 minutes
- 13 ingredients
- Pine Nuts
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- For the Salad
- 1/2 cup (60g) Diamond of California® Pine Nuts
- 1 pound broccoli florets, roughly chopped (from about 1-1/2 pounds broccoli)
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 1/4 cup (30g) chopped red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1/3 cup (45g) currents (or regular raisins)
- 1 cup (45g) chopped Italian parsley
- For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown spicy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Toast the pine nuts: In a small dry skillet over medium heat, toast pine nuts until fragrant and just golden, about 4 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
Quickly blanch broccoli: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook broccoli until slightly tender but still quite firm, 3-4 minutes. Toss broccoli into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
Mix up the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Assemble the salad : In a large salad bowl, toss together the drained broccoli, chickpeas, onion, currants, parsley, and toasted pine nuts. Fold in the dressing and stir well to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.