Ballpark Snack Mix
- 25 Minutes
- 10 ingredients
- Walnuts, Pecans
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups Diamond of California® Shelled Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Diamond of California® Shelled Pecans
- 2 cups (popped) of your favorite sweet or salty Pop Secret® Popcorn
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup dried cherries dried cherries
Line 2 large baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar, 3 tbsp. butter, cinnamon, 1 cup shelled walnuts and 1 cup shelled pecans. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar is melted and nuts are completely coated. Working quickly, spread nuts into a single layer over lined baking sheet to cool.
Using the same pan, melt remaining butter (1 tbsp.) and add remaining shelled walnuts (1 cup) to warm, while melting dark chocolate over double boiler or in the microwave. Once melted, fold in warm nuts until coated. Spread nuts out over 2nd baking sheet to cool. Wait 5 minutes before sprinkling coarse Kosher salt over baking sheet. Speed setting process by placing chocolate nuts in freezer before moving on to the next step.
Once all nuts are set, consolidate into one large bowl. Toss in popcorn, mini pretzel twists and dried cherries.
Store airtight at room temperature up to 1 week.