See ya later, peanut butter! It’s been a good run – you got me through the perils of elementary school and those awkward middle school years, but now I’m all grown up and ready for a nut butter that is too.
Making your own nut butter is surprisingly easy and satisfying, and the best part is, flavor can be customized to your taste. All you need are two cups of your favorite nut, a tablespoon or two of flavoring, and a pinch of salt. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and in minutes you’ll have a jar of nut butter fit to be strawberry jam’s new best friend.
Here are a few of my favorite combos:
- Walnuts + Cocoa Powder – This combo is not only tasty, but it’s also packed full of antioxidants to power you through your day.
- Almonds + Chili Powder + Honey – A sweet and spicy treat that will take your toast game to the next level.
- Macadamia Nuts + Unsweetened Coconut – This dreamy, creamy pairing will transport you straight to a tropical island.
- Pecans + Hazelnuts + Cinnamon – Double up on the nuts with this warm, fall favorite.
- Pistachio + Maple Syrup – Don’t let the green color turn you away! This will be your new PB+J staple.
These are just a few of the endless ways to make your own nut butter. What are some of your favorite flavor combos?