Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes
- 30 minutes
- 12 ingredients
- 4-inch pancakes
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 3/4 cups Diamond of California® chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vegetable oil or spray for pan
- Sliced banana
- Maple syrup, warmed
1. Place 3/4 cup walnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. (Or chop extra fine).
2. In a large bowl combine flour, ground walnuts, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs and melted butter. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Do not over mix.
4. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease with oil or cooking spray. Spoon batter onto hot pan, about 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on tops. Turn and cook other side until brown. Serve immediately or keep warm in a low temperature oven. Serve pancakes topped with remaining chopped walnuts, sliced banana and maple syrup.