Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1 hour
- 9 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Diamond of California® Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 24 cup mini-muffin pan with butter or cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the egg. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Take one tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Place into prepared mini muffin pan, repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Immediately use the handle of a wooden spoon to press down the center of each cookie slightly to create an opening for filling. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl, set aside. Bring the cream to a gently simmer in a small sauce pan over low heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 2 minutes before whisking until smooth. Refrigerate the chocolate for at least 1 hour.
6. Sprinkle half of the chopped walnuts into the bottom of each cookie cup.
7. Transfer the chocolate to a piping bag fitted with a small star tip and pipe the chocolate into each cookie cup. Top with remaining walnuts before serving.