Roasted Salmon with Arugula Walnut Pesto (Dairy Free)
- Total Time 30 minutes
- 14 ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- For the Salmon
- 1-2 pounds skin-on, center cut salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- For the Pesto
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon capers, patted dry
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- Make the Pesto -Place walnuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, capers and jalapeño into a food processor, and pulse until finely ground, forming a paste. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Set aside.
2. Cook the Salmon -Place a rimmed half sheet into the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut the salmon into four equally sized pieces. Brush each piece of fish with olive oil, on all sides, including the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Once the oven is preheated, using an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot pan, and place each piece of prepared salmon onto the pan, skin side down. Place the salmon back into the oven, and cook until the fish flakes easily, or has an internal temperature of 125 degrees F, about 8-12 minutes. Begin to temp each piece of salmon at around 6-7 minutes. Sometimes the outer pieces cook faster than those in the middle. If so, rearrange the pieces and continue cooking, checking every one to two minutes thereafter.
4. Once the salmon is properly cooked, serve immediately with the prepared pesto. Enjoy!