Jalapeno Ranch Fish Tacos
- 10 mins, total time 30 mins
- 21 ingredients
- Nut coatings
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- For the Jalapeno Cilantro Crema:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 whole fire roasted green chili (canned)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Slaw:
- 1 packet coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- For the Fish Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds white fish such as halibut or cod
- 1 5-ounce packet Diamond of California Ranch Nut Coatings
- 1 egg egg, beaten
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 2 avocado, peeled and sliced thin (optional)
- 1-2 Jalapenos, cut into rounds (optional)
1. To make the crema, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, green chili, cilantro, Jalapeño and salt into a high-speed blender or food processer, and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside in the fridge.
2. To make the slaw, mix the slaw package with the ranch and vinegar until all of the slaw is evenly coated. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spread out the nut coatings into an even layer on a cookie sheet. Toast the nut coatings for 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Transfer nut coatings to a bowl and set aside.
4. Cut the fish into 1-1/2 to 2-inch pieces. Set up a production line for coating the fish, starting with the beaten egg in one dish, and followed by the nut coatings in another. Dip each piece of fish into the beaten egg, until fully coated. Next, dredge the fish into the ranch nut coatings, making sure the fish is evenly distributed on all sides. Place fish onto a baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining pieces.
5. Place the fish in the oven and cook until the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F, about 10 minutes. As soon as the fish is cooked, remove from the oven, set aside and begin assembling the tacos.
6. Take one corn tortilla and place 2-4 pieces of fish in a row from one end to the other. Spoon the crème over the fish followed by a serving of slaw and the remaining toppings.
Assembling the Tacos:
12 corn tortillas, warmed
½ cup cherry tomatoes diced (optional)
¼ cup cilantro (optional)
2 avocado, peeled and sliced thin (optional)
1-2 Jalapeños, cut into rounds (optional)