Chicken Salad with Peaches and Walnuts
- 30 minutes
- 12 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced or diced
- 2 1/4 ounces Diamond of California® walnuts, toasted and chopped or slivered almonds, toasted
- To roast chicken (optional)
- 2 large chicken half breasts (with skin and bones), about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 cup water
1. Stir the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and fresh thyme to blend in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, celery, red onion and currants and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Salad can be prepared up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
2. Add peaches and walnuts to the salad and serve.
To roast chicken (optional):
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Brush a shallow baking dish large enough to accommodate the chicken with olive oil. Arrange the chicken in the prepared pan and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Pour water into the baking dish. Cover the dish with a lid or foil and roast the chicken in the oven until no longer pink in the center or when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast registers 180ºF. about 40 minutes. Cool the chicken completely. Remove and discard the skin and bones.
2. Shred or dice the chicken according to the recipe, returning the chicken to the juices in the bottom of the pan. (Chicken can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Wrap the chicken in plastic and refrigerate. )