Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal with Maple Cream Cheese
- 8 minutes
- 18 ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 cup finely grated carrot (from 1/2 large carrots)
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Diamond of California® Heirloom Nut & Fruit Walnut Blend
- coconut oil for greasing the baking pan
- Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-1/2 tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Grease a 8 or 9-inch square (or 7×11) baking pan with a thin layer of coconut oil and preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, shredded carrot, orange zest, baking powder cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Use your hands to rub the mixture together to evenly disperse the zest and shredded carrots.
3. In a measuring cup or separate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour this over the oats and toss to combine.
4. Spread half of the oats mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the nut and fruit blend, breaking up the large walnut pieces with your fingers as you go. Spread with the remaining oats mixture on top of the fruit and nut blend. Then top with remaining fruit and nut blend. Bake for 40 minutes until set and beginning to brown.
5. Meanwhile prepare the maple cream cheese glaze. Combine the cream cheese, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Alternatively you can do this by slowly working the liquid into the cream cheese with a rubber spatula against a small bowl until smooth.
6. Serve warm drizzled with maple cream cheese glaze. Store any leftovers covered in foil or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat to serve.