Pork Chops with Pecans, Sage and Fall Fruit
- 20 minutes
- 11 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 golden delicious apples, cored and sliced
- 4 2/4 inch thick boneless pork chops, 1-1/4 pounds
- ground allspice
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® pecans
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 dried apricots, quartered
- 2 tablespoons dried sour cherries or raisins
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and sauté until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the apples to a platter and keep warm.
2. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops lightly with allspice, salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and fry until well browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to the platter with the apples and keep warm.
3. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot, pecans and sage leaves and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Scatter the pecan mixture over the pork chops.
4. Immediately add the broth, wine, apricots and cherries to the skillet and boil until the fruit softens slightly and the liquid reduces by half, about 4 minutes. Spoon the fruit and pan reduction over the pork chops and serve.