Pomegranate Pear & Pecan Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- 10 minutes
- 11 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1-2 pears cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® pecans, whole or roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup mayo (see notes)
- ½ cup Half & Half (I used fat free) or other milk (any percentage of milk will work- the higher the percentage, the creamier your dressing will be)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Blend all salad ingredients together (except for poppy seeds) until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl toss spinach leaves, sliced pears, pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, and pecans. Serve with poppyseed dressing.
- *If preparing ahead of time, toss together all salad ingredients except for pears. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Add pears just before serving.
*This recipe for salad dressing makes quite a bit dressing. You can half the recipe, or save the leftovers for using later (that’s what I do!)
**You can sub plain greek yogurt for the mayo. This will create a different flavor but it will be healthier. I suggest trying ⅓ cup mayo, ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt before you dive into full greek yogurt.