Pecan & Walnut Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Buttercream Cheese Frosting
- 75 minutes
- 22 ingredients
- Walnuts & Pecans
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Buttercream Cheese Ingredients
- 1 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup organic butter (room temp)
- 1/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Make the batter: Whisk the sugars and wet ingredients together in a bowl until combined and you see no visible lumps. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
Fold in carrots, ¼ cup of pecans, and ¼ cup of walnuts.
Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake for 20 min (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
Let cool before frosting.
Make the frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and heavy whipping cream until fluffy.
Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
Mix on high speed until you get the right piping consistency (creamy and light).
Once the cupcakes are cooled, you can pipe away and top with leftover nuts!