Pecan and Almond Brown Sugar Cookies
- 90 minutes
- 16 ingredients
- Pecans & Almonds
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- Dough Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California® Whole Almonds
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California® Chopped Pecan
- 18 Diamond of California® Pecan Halves
- 1 cup Diamond of California® Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup organic butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
Make the dough: Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Slowly add in the egg and vanilla until combined.
Add in flour, baking soda, and salt beat until combined.
Stir in chopped pecans and almonds.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Shape into small balls and place a couple inches apart on parchment paper.
Bake 10 minutes and lightly browned at the edges.
Cool on a rack before frosting.
Make the frosting: Mix sugar and milk in a pot over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in butter.
Slowly stir in 1½ cups powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
Spread each cookie with frosting and top with a whole pecans or slivered almonds.