Holiday Cheeseboard with Baked Brie with Bacon Onion Jam and Glazed Pecans
- 15 minutes
- 10 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- Bacon Onion Jam
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 5 cups (about 2 lbs.) Vidalia onions, peeled, sliced and diced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Baked Brie with Bacon Onion Jam and Glazed Pecans
- 8 oz wheel Brie Cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon onion jam (from above)
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® Glazed Pecans
Bacon Onion Jam
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan. Set aside.
3. Add the onions to the fat in the pan. Cook until onions are translucent and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the bacon, mustard seeds, brown sugar, cider vinegar, red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and
continue to cook until the liquid has reduced, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Baked Brie Topped with Bacon Onion Jam and Glazed Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unwrap the Brie wheel and slice the rind off the top of the round using a sharp knife. Place the wheel, shaved side up in an oven proof dish.
3. Top the brie with a 1/2 cup of the bacon onion jam. Save the rest in a small serving dish for your cheese board, if desired, or save for later. (Perfect on grilled cheeses!) Top the jam with 1/2 cup Diamond Glazed Pecans, roughly chopped.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve on cheese board with crackers, meat, nuts and other cheeses.