Greek Couscous Salad
- 20 minutes
- 19 ingredients
- Pine Nuts
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pearl couscous
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large English cucumber, cut lengthwise with a vegetable peeler into ribbons
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2/3 cup pepperoncini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add couscous and cook, stirring often until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add the
broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the broth has evaporated. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl to cool to room temperature. Fluff to separate grains.
2. To the cooled couscous, add the cucumber ribbons, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, olives, pepperoncini, red onion, half the crumbled feta and half of the pine nuts. Drizzle with desired amount of vinagrette. Toss until well combined. Sprinkle with the extra crumbled feta cheese and pine nuts. Serve immediately with any extra vinaigrette.
1. Whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper until well combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking until combined.