Easy Pecan Waffles with Pecan Praline Sauce
- 20 minutes
- 16 ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- Pecan Praline Sauce (makes about 2 cups)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pecan Waffles
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California® Pecan Halves
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp (one stick) unsalted butter, melted
Pecan Praline Sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add pecans and cook, stirring often until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add both sugars, maple syrup, and
heavy cream, stirring until well combined. Cook for 7-8 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/2 cup pecans on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes until fragrant. When cooled, finely chop. Set aside.
Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees.
2. Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix. Add pecans. It’s ok to have a few lumps.
4. Spray iron with non-stick cooking spray. Fill iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook until golden brown. Transfer finished waffles to oven and place directly on the oven rack to keep warm until finished with all the batter. Serve topped with warm pecan praline sauce.