Share on Pinterest
Chocolate Hazelnut Covered Strawberries
- 20 minutes
- 3 ingredients
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California chopped hazelnuts
- 6 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb whole strawberries
- Toast hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven until fragrant and just beginning to turn brown, about 5-6 minutes. Let cool completely, then finely chop and place in a shallow dish.
- In a double boiler, or in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan pan filled with water, melt chocolate over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat just when a few lumps remain and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Hold strawberries by the stem and dip into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Immediately roll in the hazelnuts and place on the prepared sheet pan. Let sit until chocolate is hard, about 20 minutes. You can chill in the fridge to set faster.
- Depending on how ripe your berries are, store them covered at room temperature or in the fridge. They are best enjoyed within 1-2 days.
Make sure berries are completely dry before dipping. Wash 1-2 hours ahead of time and let dry on paper towels.
For best results, do not use chocolate chips. They are made to hold their shape when heated and may not melt well. Baking chocolate bars work well.
RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY COMPLETELY DELICIOUS