Butter Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 6 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 3 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves or pieces (1 cup pecan butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 scant cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- chopped pecans to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the pecans to another baking sheet and bake 5-10 minutes to release the oils. Add the toasted pecans to a high speed blender. Start on low speed and increase to high speed. Blend until a smooth butter is formed, about 1-2 minutes. (You can also make pecan butter in a food processor, but it will take much longer) Let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and sugar together until thoroughly combined. Add the pecan butter and salt and stir to combine.
4. Using a scant 1 tablespoon portion, drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Press to flatten. You will get 16-18 cookies.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet before adding ice cream.
6. When you are ready to build your sandwiches, cut the cookies using a 3 inch biscuit cutter. Then use the cutter as a ring mold to build the sandwiches. Add one cookie to the bottom. Fill with 1/2 cup ice cream, pressing the ice cream to the side of the cutter. Top with another cookie. Press from the top to release it from the mold.
7. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Roll the sides in chopped pecans and freeze solid, about 1 hour, before serving.