Butter Pecan Bread
- 12 ingredients
- 9 x 5 loaf
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Diamond of California Shelled Pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter just starts to take on a light brown color. Add the pecans and stir frequently until the butter takes on a nice caramel color and the nuts are fragrant. Remove butter and nuts to a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and granulated sugar.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and brown sugar until lightened in color and well combined, then whisk in the yogurt and vanilla bean paste. Add the yogurt mixture and the browned butter and pecans to the dry ingredients, and fold together just until the flour is incorporated.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then remove from the loaf pan and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Bread will last, well wrapped at room temperature, for 3-4 days.