Brownie Cookie Dough Hearts
- 1 hr 20 min
- 22 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 1/3 Cups White granulated sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk Cold
- 5 TBSP Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cookie Dough Walnut Frosting
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter slightly cold
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed light or dark
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California finely diced walnuts
- Dark Chocolate wafer melts for dipping
- Diamond of California finely diced walnuts for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Use 2 8X8 pans and spray them both with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottoms and 2 sides of each pan with parchment paper. Spray again.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, pour in sugar, eggs, and egg yolk. Turn mixer to high and beat for 5 minutes. It will be light and fluffy.
4. While that is mixing, melt the butter and let it slightly cool. Once the eggs are done mixing, add in melted butter, oil, and vanilla. Mix on low until combined. Take off mixer.
5. Pour in dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula and gently fold in dry ingredients. Fold until completely combined. Gently stir in mini chocolate chips.
6. Divide batter in half and spread into each pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Bake until the edges are set and the middle is slightly underdone. Allow to cool completely.
Cookie Dough Walnut Frosting
1. Set the butter on the counter for 30 minutes for the butter to be slightly cold. While waiting, sift the powdered sugar and flour into 2 separate bowls. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer, beat the butter for 3 minutes on medium-high. Scrape the bowl and slowly add in powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Add in brown sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream. Mix until combined.
3. Add in the flour and salt. Mix on low until combined. Switch to high and beat for 1 minute. Add in mini chocolate chips and finely diced walnuts.
4. Spread frosting over 1 of the brownie pans. (Keep 1st layer of brownie in the pan.) Use all the frosting. Take the other layer of brownie and place firmly on top of the frosting. Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Freeze until brownies are slightly cold. If too cold, let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes. Use a 2 inch heart cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
5. Melt chocolate wafer melts in the microwave by the package instructions. Dip half of each brownie heart in chocolate. Immediately roll them on the finely diced walnuts. Place on a cookie sheet with wax paper until chocolate sets. Store in an air tight container at room temperature.