Apple Cranberry Almond Crisp
- 45 minutes
- 11 ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (11/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 2/3 cups Diamond of California® sliced almonds
- 10 medium Pippen or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the topping: Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter and using your fingertips, blend the ingredients together until clumps form. Stir in the almonds.
For the Filling: Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Generously butter a 9×13-inch or other 3-quart baking dish. Combine the apples, cranberries, both the sugars, the flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well and let stand until the mixture is moist, about 10 minutes. Transfer the apple mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the apples in the center are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 1 hour. Cool and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.