HR Generalist – Stockton, CA
Since 1912, when it was started by a group of California walnut growers, Diamond of California® was on a mission to bring the bounty from California’s Central Valley walnut orchards to America’s tables. From the beginning, we sought out the very best with the knowledge that Diamond Nuts would be used in treasured and new family recipes. Today, we bring a wider range of nuts from our growers and farms to tables worldwide. Now over 105 years later, we are still guided by our belief that Diamond Nuts are Made for Homemade.
Along with our sister company (National Pecan), Diamond of California is part of Diamond Foods, LLC, headquartered in Stockton, California. Diamond Foods is now owned by Blue Road Capital, a private equity firm based in New York, which is focused on holdings in the agricultural space. With the support of Blue Road Capital, Diamond of California is receiving significant investments that will help transform it into a modern, growth brand. With growing consumer interest in adding more simple, plant-based products into their diets, Diamond will be well-positioned to help consumers with their range of dietary needs, which include health and wellness, taste, texture and variety.
Diamond of California is a leader in the culinary nut category, with the largest branded share in America’s grocery stores. Culinary nuts are generally raw, unflavored nuts sold in both the baking and produce departments. Diamond is on a renewed mission to lead this category for the next generation of consumers who use nuts in cooking, baking, snacks and even beverages. We are in the early stages of a complete brand renovation, which encompasses product, packaging, pricing, placement, marketing, and new product development.
Diamond has led the category’s marketing in the areas of social media and food influencer partnerships. The brand has the largest social presence in the category with nearly 800,000 followers on Facebook, approximately 5x greater than the next brand. In addition, Diamond was an early innovator in food influencer partnerships, working with the blogger community to create a Culinary Ambassador program. We partner with bloggers for content, recipes, and authentic endorsements of Diamond Nuts products.
The Human Resources Generalist contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance organization which emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Generalist has responsibility for the facilitation and delivery of full cycle recruitment and on boarding for all Operations, Maintenance, QC, and Warehouse/Shipping. This will include responsibility for new hire orientation, job fairs, recruitment program administration, systems and record keeping.
Additional responsibilities include: day-to-day administrative tasks of the human resources functions and duties for plant operations. The Human Resources Generalist carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment, new hire training and orientation, HRIS, data entry administration, reporting and tracking of FMLA. The Human Resources Generalist helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the head of Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for full cycle recruiting and staffing logistics.
• Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping.
• Ensure compliance and adherence of employee records, hiring practices.
• Knowledgeable on all Human Resources and plant policies and procedures. Assist with the communication of policies.
• Provide administrative assistance regarding but not limited to employee records changes, verification of employment and other administrative requests as necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining employee files and the HR filing system and HRIS.
• Works with HR Benefits, Payroll, and other centralized work teams to process and administer client requests on a daily basis, such as, job status, location, and promotions, terminations.
• Administers, FMLA and Medical leaves.
• Ability to interpret data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
• Assist in the development of reporting mechanisms for Human Resources metrics.
• Assist in the process development with human resources functions.
• Company employee communication.
• Assisting with employee relations.
• Assist and participate with employee services.
• Assist in gathering information for first step grievances.
• Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
• Ensure audit, compliance and legislative requirements are adhered to and assists with appropriate systems and controls are implemented as needed.
• Back up to the Scheduling Coordinator for plant operations.
• Perform other special projects, related duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities; effective interpersonal skills.
• Solid presentation skills; strong facilitation capabilities.
• Strong quality orientation; attention to detail; ability to lean and adhere to compliance/audit requirements.
• Strong assessment, analytical, judgment and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and follow up skills; ability to effectively multi-task and maintain composure in a high-volume environment.
• Team oriented; flexible to change
• Strong sense of urgency; ability to execute quickly and efficiently to achieve timeliness and deliverables.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.
• Strong business acumen; commitment to cross-training and continual learning
• Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Power Point. Strong technical aptitude required
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends.
• Bi-Lingual (Preferred)
• Effectively aligns efforts with other work groups.
• Ability to build and manage effective relationships; ability to impact and influence others at multiple levels in the organizations.
• Effective conflict management skills.
• Collaborative approach to work; team orientated.
• Confidently uses a rage of deliver methods to communicate, transfer knowledge.
• Accurately assess audience preparedness, group dynamics and skill level in face-to-face and remote communications and adapts appropriately.
• Professional, positive demeanor.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• Two year experience in high volume recruiting environment
• Two year experience with full cycle recruitment.
• 3-5 years of experience in a human resources department.
• Demonstrated experience providing and development Human Resources metrics reporting development and creation.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Please forward your resume to:HumanResources@diamondfoods.com
Pre-employment drug testing and background required. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.