Financial Analyst– Stockton, CA
Core responsibilities will focus on development and evaluation of monthly management reporting, analysis of business performance, budgeting & planning, and ad-hoc analysis.
This position will also be a key stakeholder in the development of new financial analytic and business insight models utilizing a new ERP system.
This role will provide support to the Accounting Systems Manager.
- Provide value added financial reporting to leadership, including daily sales report, month end financial reports, KPIs, business intelligence reporting, and analysis of related results. Responsible for routinely developing, evaluating and improving the analytics.
- Assist in development of new reporting tools to address key business needs.
- Develop understanding of business through reconciliation of variances to plan and year ago, adding insights into business drivers and root cause analysis.
- Work with Accounting Systems Manager, sales teams, and business owners to generate bottoms-up budget/forecast.
- Support various Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis activities as required. Contribute to process reengineering to improve Diamond practices, systems and reporting.
- Focus on business partnering and decision support with Ad-hoc analysis of key initiatives. Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and participate in interdepartmental and cross-functional projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields.
- 3-5 years of analytical and financial experience within accounting, cost accounting, or FP&A
- Demonstrated business partnering and influencing skills.
- Experience within CPG or other manufacturing environment is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and influencing skills are desired for the ideal candidate. The position demands the ability to build credibility and constructive relationships in a cross functional environment. It also requires the ability to articulate and simplify complex information and concepts to non-financial audiences.
- Well-developed financial and business analysis skills are needed; to understand and interpret business results and plans, and to provide insights to improve business performance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook); advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; experience with JD Edwards is a plus
Diamond Foods will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of this Article.
Diamond Foods, LLC does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Diamond Foods will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Diamond Foods, LLC.
To apply please send resume to: HumanResources@diamondfoods.com
Pre-employment drug testing is required and background check. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.