- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus additional for rolling
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/1/2 cups Diamond of California® Chopped Walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread chopped walnuts on a baking sheet or in a shallow pan. Bake, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool. Leave oven set to 350°.
Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt; beat until well bended. Stir in flour and walnuts.
Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set, about 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets. Immediately roll hot cookies in additional confectioners’ sugar. Place sugared cookies on wire racks to cool. When cool, roll again in sugar.