Double Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 45 minutes
- 18 ingredients
- Update Ingredients
Note: Steps are for original recipe. Actual cooking times may need to be adjusted for updated quantities.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Pie filling:
- 1 1/2 cups Diamond of California® Pecans, halved or chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 oz high-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt until blended. Add the butter and shortening and combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 5 seconds. Add the egg and water and process until the dough forms a ball (just a couple of seconds).
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out to fit into a 9-inch tart pan. Once rolled, place into a prepared tart pan, pressing up the sides of the pan.
- Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until needed.
- Lower oven to 350°F. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth; cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cooled chocolate-butter mixture, corn syrup, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, whiskey, and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Arrange pecans over filling.
- Place the pie pan on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the filling is just set when the pan is jiggled (30 minutes). Cool completely and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.