- 20 minutes
- 6 ingredients
Your servings have been updated below
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Diamond of California® Walnut Halves
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and coat with vegetable oil spray.
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, mix together sugar, heavy cream, cinnamon, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth and comes to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring, until mixture reaches 236°F to 240°F on a candy thermometer. (A small spoonful of the mixture dropped into ice water will form a soft ball when rubbed between your index finger and thumb.)
- Quickly stir in walnuts and vanilla extract; cook, stirring, until nuts are coated completely, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Working carefully, spread walnuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, separating nuts with a fork. Let cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature up to 1 week.