Chocolate Walnut Crinkle Cookies
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- 12 ingredients
- Walnut Halves
Your servings have been updated below
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup 100% cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 30 Diamond of California® Walnut Halves
- Put chocolate and butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and sugar for 2 minutes. Reduce to low speed and stir in the melted chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix. Refrigerate the dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form the dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. Put powdered sugar in a bowl and roll each of the balls in the sugar. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets 3 inches apart.
- Once sides have begun to crackle, about 8 minutes, place walnut half on top and gently press in.
- Bake until crackles form on top. Remove from the oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.